Welcome to my blog!

The purpose of this blog is to explore my development of scrapbooking techniques. I will also provide reviews of products when I find something great or something terrible, and will show off all the work I enter in challenges and contests. Please check out my Welcome note if this is your first visit.

Feel free to ask questions about any of the materials or techniques shown here!

Please leave a comment and let me know what you think, or follow my blog so you can keep updated!

Happy Scrapping!




Friday, June 15, 2012

Lil Rock Star

Check out  the cutest little rock star around, Baby Addie Rock Star from Scrapbook Stamp Society.

She is just way too cute, and is great for both birthday and general cards like hello and congrats!

This is a really simple card to make. I masked off the yellow area, and then used Black Soot distress ink to make the murky darkness behind her, so she looked spotlighted. I used a cut and emboss punch to make the tin foil stars, which I then painted with some pewter crackle paint to add texture and strength. The banner is from Momenta, and I just added some stickers for the letters and star.
Finally, I colored Addie. Her hair is Y13, Y15, Y17 and R32, R35. I also used the R32 on her bows, and the Y17 on the lights and star. Her eyes are B00 and B02, and her dress is a bunch of Ts - 3,5,6,8. Her skin is E000 and E00 with R20 for blush and R22 for lipstick.
And here's close up of our little rock star!

Hope you're inspired to try making a rock star card with our little rocker!

I have entered her in the following challenges:
Crafty Ann's - its a girl thing
Crafty Catz - embossing for my embossed stars :)
Hot Shot Crafts - distress inks
Joyful Stamper Inspire Me Fridays - Anything goes
Aud Sentiments - child's birthday
Crop Stop - banners/pennants
Paper Crafting journey - hand colored image


Til next time,
~T

11 comments:

  1. Adorable card! Thanks for joining our CropStop Banner Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute and your technique really makes her pop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so very much for Joining us at Crafty Catz Challenge, this is one very beautiful creation

    Have a lovely day,
    Good Luck with the challenge,
    Hugs Bridget Crafty Catz DT :0) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. She looks fabulous!Thanks for sharing her with us at ATCs and Cards with Attitude

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun and sassy! Thank you so much for joining us at CropStop this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute card. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Ann's.
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card, thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great girly card! Thanks for joining us at CraftyCatz this week.
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Victoria,

    love your card, she's such a cuttie,love her hair lol..... Thanks for joining us at ATCs & fatpages with attitude xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my gosh, that is so cute......love it
    thank you for joining CropStops Banner Challenge
    Veronica

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful! Thank you for joining us at HSC for our Distress Inks challenge

    Sarah x

    Check Hot Shot Craft shop for new items
    http://www.hotshotcraft.co.uk/catalog/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting!