Welcome to my blog!

The purpose of this blog is to explore my development of scrapbooking techniques. I will also provide reviews of products when I find something great or something terrible, and will show off all the work I enter in challenges and contests. Please check out my Welcome note if this is your first visit.

Feel free to ask questions about any of the materials or techniques shown here!

Please leave a comment and let me know what you think, or follow my blog so you can keep updated!

Happy Scrapping!




Sunday, April 29, 2012

Two Scrapbook Friends National Scrapbook Day Online Crop - Jayne's challenge

Two Scrapbook Friends is hosting an online crop for National Scrapbook Day which started last Friday. Jayne's challenge was to use REAL stitching (none of that sew stamper stuff), either machine or hand, on a layout.

I decided to couple it with a sketch from Scrapping Everyday Miracles, where you also had to use distressing or sanding.


I also decided to add the Scraptastic challenge number 3, to use your stash and stitch.

This is what I made:


Are you amazed I followed the sketch so closely? I sure am!!

I definitely stitched, using some old embroidery floss from making friendship bracelets. I also have the metal letters below from my stash... it took me a while to figure out a title I could make with the letters I have left (can't believe I had two s left!). Finally the green and yellow cardstock are stash items. I know, you're asking... where is the yellow cardstock? Well, its the scalloped border and I covered it with Walnut stain distress ink, Tattered Angels leather glimmermist and some green glimmer glam. I also distressed the green cardstock, the photos and the journalling card (Bo Bunny).


Isn't it all cute? In case you're wondering, the background paper is Momenta PA-1108 Endless summer paper pack.

7 comments:

  1. Nice job with the sketch. I like the little metal letters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors and great job with the stitching!! Thanks for playing along.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous pictures! Thanks so much for joining us at Scrapping Everyday Miracles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layout! I think you did a great job with the sketch. =) Thank you for joining in our challenge at SEM.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great take Tory, thanks for playing along with us this month at SEM!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just beautiful! Thanks for joining us this month at Scrapping Everyday Miracles :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is really pretty... I just love the nature pictures... I just wanted to let you know in case you didnt that I we have a facebook group called Scrapping Everyday Miracles Chit Chat ... we would love to have you join in the fun... we just talk about all things scrappy, our lives and our faith. Here is the link http://www.facebook.com/groups/200817343359030/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting!