Welcome to my blog!

The purpose of this blog is to explore my development of scrapbooking techniques. I will also provide reviews of products when I find something great or something terrible, and will show off all the work I enter in challenges and contests. Please check out my Welcome note if this is your first visit.

Feel free to ask questions about any of the materials or techniques shown here!

Please leave a comment and let me know what you think, or follow my blog so you can keep updated!

Happy Scrapping!




Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Let's Scrap Forum Challenge - Up Up and Away

In addition to showing off a fab new double pager sketch every week, Let's Scrap has tutorials and challenges in the forum too!

This month's challenge was to make a monochromatic layout with the sketch below.


In addition, we had the following criteria:
1. use the sketch provided for the month long challenge
2. make use of a monochromatic colour scheme
3. use your stash {no new papers and embellishments for this layout!}
4. use a LARGE TITLE on your layout
5. use a stamp
6. use a handmade embellishment {made by YOU} that matches a pattern or item on your layout

Truthfully, I don't like this sketch. Not at all. It could be great with the right photos, but I don't take the right kind of photos. I always zoom in so my subject fills as much of the frame as possible, so making itty bitty tall strips like that was not at all possible for me!

I decided only to use the left hand page and move things around a bit, adding a few more photos and such.


I used a paisley stamp in blue (Weathered Wood) around the photo, and hand made the airport wind sock.

Thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and commenting!