Welcome to my blog!

The purpose of this blog is to explore my development of scrapbooking techniques. I will also provide reviews of products when I find something great or something terrible, and will show off all the work I enter in challenges and contests. Please check out my Welcome note if this is your first visit.

Feel free to ask questions about any of the materials or techniques shown here!

Please leave a comment and let me know what you think, or follow my blog so you can keep updated!

Happy Scrapping!




Monday, March 5, 2012

2SF Chase Away the Winter Blues Online Crop

Over the past week, Two Scrapbook Friends have had an online crop going on in their forums. The theme was "Chasing Away the Winter Blues" and each member of the design team presented a different, summer themed challenge for us to try out.

Joann's challenge: color inspiration based on this photo (and colors specifically orange and teal)

So anyone who regularly follows me knows this is an easy one - the wedding paper I use is orange and teal! But I forced myself not to use it and this is what I came up with:



The teal cardstock is Momenta from PA-1033, and the background paper, mice and journalling card are all from the Deja Views Cat's Life pad.


I did a ton of scrapbooking this weekend, plus we worked on the renos, so Precious didn't get much Mommy time. I actually had to pin her to keep her out of the photos taken of the above LO! Luckily she was sleeping when I took the rest below! 

 


Carolyn's challenge: Your favourite summer activity

I had a hard time with this one... what is my favourite summer activity??? Finally I settled on going to the beach, because I had these photos lying out on my work table because I wanted to scrap them soooo bad!!

The title was stamped using Martha Stewart stamps and Memento black ink. The "Discover" card is a transparency sticker from Making Memories.

I used Momenta for the background paper and mats, all from the Travel Pyramid Paper Pack (love these!) PK-2389. The flip flop stickers are from the Endless Summer collection ST-2116. I love using the Endless Summer and the new release Vacation set together, they coordinate so well!





Jayne's challenge: Use a postcard or postage stamp

Well this one was a first for me. I didn't know I had postage stamp or postcard embellies, and it turns out I have a bunch!



I used Momenta Travel Pyramid Paper Pack PK-2389 again, and actually made this layout on the reverse side of the one above for Carolyn's challenge. The stickers and journalling tag are also from the Vacation collection (ST-4952). I think the title vellum may be DCWV but I have had it for so long that I have no idea!!




Christa's challenge: Crash your summer stash

Here is my confession - I have nothing summer themed! I have vacation and holiday and party, and even BBQ, but nothing distinctly summer. I decided 4th of July themed papers were close enough...


This layout is some of the photos from visiting the USS Missouri while we were at Pearl Harbor. There is no journalling, because I want the plaque from the ship to speak for itself. The Japanese surrender was signed on the Mighty Mo and the original document was on board.

I used white Recollections cardstock, papers from an ancient Momenta holiday/season themed pack, and stickers from a 2009 Sticker a day calendar. The alphas are new, Colorbok peel and stick stacks, and I inked them with my DIs in Festive Berries and Weathered Wood.

The sketch is the Let's Scrap 2-29-12 sketch.




Sharlene's challenge: Scrap summer outdoor attire

So I went for a wayback playback here... this is lil ol' me in 1986 on a hot afternoon lounging in my too cute polka dot swimmer. Instead of going cutesy, I decided to go with a grungy 80s look.



The papers are both from DCWV Photo Stack 3, a brand new one I just picked up last month from Zeller's. I was sooo excited to see the third installment to this huge stack because I love my Stack 2, but it is getting a little thin :)

The alphas are  Momenta ST-4490, another new release. Its a multipack of black and white alphas in different sizes and styles. I love multipacks!

Finally, the buttons are stash from a 1 lb button bag from Michael's, and the phrase under the top baby photo is from Making Memories and is a transparent sticker.




Shelby's Challenge: Let the SUNSHINE in (use a sun)

I have to admit, this one was tough. I don't have any sun embellies, I don't have any paper with suns on it... I was stuck.

Then I remembered this paper I screwed up in January - I was trying to make a sunset like color blend on it and it ended up ugly. I used a bunch of distress inks on it and didn't like how it turned out. So I cut it up and made the beautiful sun you see below!



The papers are all Recollections in black and an orange-yellow base to the blending. I used Festive Berries, Spiced Marmalade and Wild Honey inks (and maybe a touch of Antique linen) and some Perfect Pearls mist in pearl to give it a shine.

Then I tried to hand-write the title and hated it. So I used Thickers in red foam and Fancy Pants Kraft alphas in Red & Gold to cover it up... how crafty lol!


Now... you should all head over to 2SF and check out the forum for the fun weekly challenges and other special events going on!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and commenting!