Welcome to my blog!

The purpose of this blog is to explore my development of scrapbooking techniques. I will also provide reviews of products when I find something great or something terrible, and will show off all the work I enter in challenges and contests. Please check out my Welcome note if this is your first visit.

Feel free to ask questions about any of the materials or techniques shown here!

Please leave a comment and let me know what you think, or follow my blog so you can keep updated!

Happy Scrapping!




Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Paper Secrets Manu Challenge - Webster's Pages - Explore

If you pop on by the Paper Secrets forum, you will find a great collection of monthly challenges including sketches, manufacturer challenges, techniques, etc. Plus, the prize for each challenge is a random drawing for a $10 gift certificate. The ladies there are also sooo friendly... you really should check them out!

Last month I entered a few of their challenges which you can check out by clicking the "Paper Secrets" tag on the bottom of this entry, and it will bring them all up :)  I ended up winning one of the draws (hooray!).

When I found out this month's manu challenge was to use Webster's Pages, I was a little stressed. I had absolutely nothing from Webster's, and I didn't know where to find it either. Luckily, with that $10 GC I picked up one paper, three trims, and a bunch of other stuff from other manus (CC of course) that I had been wanting. Shipping was quick too to Canada, I wasn't sure it would make it with the Christmas rush.

So this is what I came up with....


I actually only ordered this one page from Webster's since Paper Secrets didn't have a ton when I ordered, which was a bit of a risk since I didn't have photos in mind. When I got it, I loved it, like really, really loved it. I wanted to find photos of flowers and me as a child if possible, and I totally scored, especially with the little pink coat!

This gorgeous Webster's trim inspired me right away to make a frame. It didn't turn out quite perfect, but I don't like my scrapping perfect.... what's the point of doing something homemade if it looks commercial?

So to do this, I just laid out some Elmer's tape runner tape (the orange one, not the dots, they aren't strong enough) along all four edges of the photo after it was glued on the page. Then I just laid down the trim, folding to get an angle in the corners. I cut it at the end, which you can see was a little short, but oh well!


I used my jazzy new Elmer's gel pens to do the journalling. I love the colors that came in the set and how I seem to always find the colors I want. Another big win for me is the fact that they can be used by lefties with ease. I have had a hard time with cheap gel pens in the past, and these are smooth and easy to use :)

I hope you enjoy this page, I think it might make it to my top 10 of 2011... but who knows... I will post those on Saturday!

Happy New Year everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and commenting!