Welcome to my blog!

The purpose of this blog is to explore my development of scrapbooking techniques. I will also provide reviews of products when I find something great or something terrible, and will show off all the work I enter in challenges and contests. Please check out my Welcome note if this is your first visit.

Feel free to ask questions about any of the materials or techniques shown here!

Please leave a comment and let me know what you think, or follow my blog so you can keep updated!

Happy Scrapping!




Sunday, December 11, 2011

Frosted Designs Sketch Along Tuesdays #29 - Smile - the Little Things

Frosted Designs hosts a Sketch Along Tuesday challenge each week.

The sketch this week is below:

I really liked all the elements of the sketch, but didn't know what photos to use, as usual! I did finally find these cute photos of me as a child to add another page to my mom's scrapbook.


I mirrored the sketch to keep the focus on the right third of the page like the focus is in the photos. I used an old set from We R MK which included rub on glue and flock, foil and glitter. "The Little Things" is in pink flock and "Smile" in blue glitter.

For the strippy background, I used all ribbons and rick rack for more texture. The ribbons include a variety of textures - some have glitter and bling, and some are satin, some woven, etc. I then used some orange twine to anchor the banner.


Each photo I used some new edging scissors to edge up fancy like in the sketch.

Hope you enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and commenting!