Welcome to my blog!

The purpose of this blog is to explore my development of scrapbooking techniques. I will also provide reviews of products when I find something great or something terrible, and will show off all the work I enter in challenges and contests. Please check out my Welcome note if this is your first visit.

Feel free to ask questions about any of the materials or techniques shown here!

Please leave a comment and let me know what you think, or follow my blog so you can keep updated!

Happy Scrapping!




Tuesday, October 18, 2011

2SF Challenge for September 27th

This challenge was to repurpose papers etc from one theme and use them for a completely different theme. This is something I do all the time so this was an easy one for me - no out of the box here.

Since my stash is smallish, I am always repurposing papers and embellishments for other themes. Its necessary, and it forces me to use up everything I have. I find as long as there isn't anything obviously themed (i.e. the word Easter all over the page) you can go ahead and use it for something else.

This layout is a prime example. All the paper used is from an old Creative Memories School collection. Repurposed, it is very useful for vacations, arcades etc. Here we are at an arcade in Hawaii on our Honeymoon.



Another great example comes from the pages I did for my bridal shower. All the patterned background paper is from a holiday/seasonal stack, specifically from the Easter and Spring sections. Journalling tags are mostly from the same Creative Memories school collection and the foamie letters are "Hippy" style.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and commenting!