Welcome to my blog!

The purpose of this blog is to explore my development of scrapbooking techniques. I will also provide reviews of products when I find something great or something terrible, and will show off all the work I enter in challenges and contests. Please check out my Welcome note if this is your first visit.

Feel free to ask questions about any of the materials or techniques shown here!

Please leave a comment and let me know what you think, or follow my blog so you can keep updated!

Happy Scrapping!




Tuesday, October 18, 2011

2SF July Sketch Challenge

The July Two Scrapbook Friends Sketch challenge was based on this sketch from Stuck?!



This was one of my first forays into the world of circles... or using circles, and one of the first layouts I did with a lot of negative space. This and the August 2SF challenge really were the challenges that started me on the journey of maturing my style. This one was done in August, but I hadn't glued it down and added the title until recently because I wasn't sure if I wanted to add additional items.


The patterned papers and chipboard are Cosmo Cricket EverAfter and the black and cream papers are Recollections. The buttons were brown but I colored them orange with my YR07 Copic. 


I added a gem to the centre of each ribbon rose (I got them out of a grab bag) to bling it up a bit :) 


I really wanted journalling somewhere on the page, so I made a little pull out card of the same cardstock as the base.  Essentially the short version of the story is that when we finally found a dress they agreed on (good thing I only had two bridesmaids) we then had to pick the color for the tops. Kelly liked one color and Krissy liked the other. We picked Krissy's choice as I liked it better too. When the dresses arrived and were picked up, Kelly now liked the top color, and Krissy didn't. It was frustrating to say the least... but they both looked fab so I don't know what they were worried about!

Thanks for looking, please comment and follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and commenting!