Welcome to my blog!

The purpose of this blog is to explore my development of scrapbooking techniques. I will also provide reviews of products when I find something great or something terrible, and will show off all the work I enter in challenges and contests. Please check out my Welcome note if this is your first visit.

Feel free to ask questions about any of the materials or techniques shown here!

Please leave a comment and let me know what you think, or follow my blog so you can keep updated!

Happy Scrapping!




Thursday, October 27, 2011

Creative Scrappers Challenge Sketch 178

Creative Scrappers provided 4 sketches this month, with the challenge being to make a LO for at least one of the sketches. Here is sketch 178 and my take on it:


This layout is honoring my Grandfather who passed away in 1997. My sister and I miss him very much - we lived with him for several years with our mother. I had, in the programs for the wedding, a memorial to my grandfather and a few other family members who had passed more recently (I was married in 2009). My mom, when she did her speech, chose to read the memorial I had written out loud to everyone. A good portion of my guests were crying but my sister and I were the worst. I really love these photos because they show exactly how we were feeling.

This sketch was really perfect for these photos as it brightened up the page a bit. I will do a matching page with the program, a photo of my grandfather and the photo of my mom reading it at some point.

One thing I do still want is a stamp or rub-on of a white-tailed deer buck. When we were younger and missing Papa at Christmas, we saw a bunch of deer in the field. Mom said it was Papa come to wish us a Merry Christmas. Since then we always see deer on important days, on Christmas and some Thanksgivings, and when we need some guidance and inspiration.(Crying as I write this) The stamp will go next to his name.

If anyone knows of a good manufacturer to get this from, please let me know. So far I don't recall seeing any. I will stamp it in my white chalk ink to make it a little fadey and ethereal feeling.

Thanks so much for looking and commenting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and commenting!