Welcome to my blog!

The purpose of this blog is to explore my development of scrapbooking techniques. I will also provide reviews of products when I find something great or something terrible, and will show off all the work I enter in challenges and contests. Please check out my Welcome note if this is your first visit.

Feel free to ask questions about any of the materials or techniques shown here!

Please leave a comment and let me know what you think, or follow my blog so you can keep updated!

Happy Scrapping!




Thursday, October 27, 2011

2SF Gobble Gobble Challenge

This is by far the most original challenge I have seen at Two Scrapbook Friends! Design team member Christa provided us with a list of foods to pick for our Thanksgiving menu. You had to pick a minimum of 4 items, although most of us picked 5 to have a rounded meal with meat, veggies, potatoes and of course dessert :)

The things I had to include based on my menu were:
  • chipboard
  • handmade flower
  • distressed edge AND distress ink
  • handwriting
  • white trim or lace
And this is what I came up with!




The chipboard element is from Cosmo Cricket's Everafter collection and coordinates perfectly with my Everafter papers as well.

The handmade flower was crocheted for me by Aunt Elaine. I used chalks to take the flower from white and give it the green and orange coloring. There are 2 oranges and 1 yellow on the flower, and 2 greens on the leaves. Without the coloring it was too bland on the page

The edges of both pieces of patterned paper were distressed and inked with Tim Holtz Walnut Stain distress ink. I did not have a distressing tool at this point, so I distressed with baby wipes - saw this on some random blog and it does work well! The wipes are also good for lightly applying the ink to the less distressed areas :)

For handwriting, there is the ring blessing prayer and the ring exchange vows that we said on the left border. Also some random words and doodling.


Finally, for white trim/lace, I included a white trim piece holding an orange ribbon which Aunt Elaine also crocheted for me... Thanks Aunt Elaine!!

So far this is has been the best challenge for me to expand my horizons. This is my first attempt at distressing (I did the HMITM LO after this one) and also I never use white trim or lace. Chipboard is also something I don't have much of, and use less of, preferring dimensional stickers. Really the only chipboard I use regularly is letters, which to me, doesn't really count.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and commenting!