Welcome to my blog!

The purpose of this blog is to explore my development of scrapbooking techniques. I will also provide reviews of products when I find something great or something terrible, and will show off all the work I enter in challenges and contests. Please check out my Welcome note if this is your first visit.

Feel free to ask questions about any of the materials or techniques shown here!

Please leave a comment and let me know what you think, or follow my blog so you can keep updated!

Happy Scrapping!




Thursday, April 19, 2012

SYAO 10 and SYAO 11 - two very different examples of my talent lol

I'm still in it to win it over at Paper Secrets, and here is what I created for weeks 10 and 11.

SYAO10



doily
twine
stick pin(s)
3+ flowers
chip-board
washi tape
3+ patterned papers
bling

TECHNIQUES
punches (border/corner)
acyrlic paint (stamped-brushed-stencil...your choice of application)
distressing

I've actually already used this sketch once, which threw me off a bit...  But I recovered at the last minute and got back in the game. I knew I didn't want both pages to look like they were from the same sketch, so I planned to make some modifications, maybe turn it, and then this happened (lol!)


See it? My itty bitty bit of bling on the metal tag :)


I swear this bow looked better IRL... grr

I know. Its totally the same sketch. But it will be far enough apart in the album that no one will notice (I hope!)


All the papers are Momenta from the Seasons and Occasions pack (PA-1992), the black and white cardstock pack (PA-2390), and a photo mat pack. Stick pins are made by me for the one in the middle, and Maya Road for the green leafies. The metal tag is Making Memories and the chipboard is Cosmo Cricket. The circle tags are Colorbok. I used a Tim Holtz mask and Jenni Bowlin Weathered Wood paint dauber to do the edges and the clock.

So how did I do on the challenge? I used twine, stick pins, chipboard, and bling, and used acrytic paint as my technique.

SYAO11


PRODUCTS
2 or more tags
twine
stick pin(s)
3+ flowers
chip-board
washi tape
3+ patterned papers
metal/foil type embellie(s)


TECHNIQUES
punches (border/corner)
acyrlic paint (stamped-brushed-stencil...your choice of application)
distressing
embossing (dry or heat)
What a crazy sketch! I mean, really... what was I gonna do with that! Surprisingly it turned out FABULOUS...


I love using hand writing!!

Love my new embossing folders matched with Distress ink.. how cool do those two pieces look?
Aren't you surprised? I know, the sketch is barely recognizable (which is sort of how I wanted it) and I cheated all over the place (of course).. and as I'm typing this I just realized that waves sticker at the bottom right of the photo moved itself and is upsidedown!! How did that happen?? Grr... Stupid non-sticky stickers. Anyways it should be right side up and nice and linearly placed like the sun sticker on the opposite corner!

My supplies? Well... this is a Momenta layout for sure: the solids in green and orange that were embossed are from PA-1033 the vibrant cardstock pack. The two blue strips plus the yellowy orangey background page are from the Travel pyramid pack PA-2389,  and finally the circly paper is from the Endless Summer collection PA-1108.  Also Momenta is the "Welcome to Paradise" sticker and the stripey tag from ST-4952 the vacation multi pack of stickers.

Then I added twine from the Twinery, random stickers and die cuts, a ship's wheel from the bead section, some ric rak (I love that stuff) and distress inks in Evergreen, Peeled Paint and Spiced Marmalade. The embossing folders are both Tim Holtz (in case y'all didn't already know!) Oh and also an eyelet from a random bag of eyelets I found in my scrap room, and the big orange eyelet type thing from We R MK.

So I used: 2 tags, twine, patterned papers, metals and embossing.

Hope you enjoy and are inspired to EMBOSS!

2 comments:

  1. Great layouts, love the use of Momenta!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work Tori! The embossing (2nd) and the tags (1st) are great genius moments...like Jamie I like the Momenta too! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting!