Welcome to my blog!

The purpose of this blog is to explore my development of scrapbooking techniques. I will also provide reviews of products when I find something great or something terrible, and will show off all the work I enter in challenges and contests. Please check out my Welcome note if this is your first visit.

Feel free to ask questions about any of the materials or techniques shown here!

Please leave a comment and let me know what you think, or follow my blog so you can keep updated!

Happy Scrapping!




Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Paper Secrets SYAO3 - Snooze in the Sun on a Snowy Day

I am having a lot of fun with Scrap Your Ass Off 2 over at Paper Secrets.

Here is week 3's challenge:



ribbon/twine
3+buttons
3+flowers
rubons
3+ photo corners
bling
staples
border punch

TECHNIQUES
stitching
misting
distressing


As usual, use 4 of 8 items and 1 of 3 techniques. This is what I came up with. There truly was no thought process going on, just digging through photos to find one that worked.


The photos suck, but Casper was just so cute sleeping in the window one day. Of course she woke up and had to pose for me even cuter (what a ham) when she realized I had the camera out.

What I used:  3 buttons, twine, rubons, bling, and stitching (behind the photos, kinda tough to see!)

The cardstock is Momenta from PA-1033 (love it!). This stripey one is one of my favs. The photo paper is from DCWV Photo Stack 3! I just got it at Zellers! And I love it as much as my photo stack 2! (If anyone out there has 1 that they don't love... I will pay for shipping, and send you some crap I don't like or some $$$)

I think the rubons are Basic Grey. But I will have to check on that!  (Note: just checked my invoice for them in my email. Basic Grey Max Whiskers Black)

The fish dream bubble and heart collar tag is Momenta from ST-2944, the Shimmer and Shine Cat stickers (love them so much I have two packs!)

And the snowflakes, snowflake buttons, and twine are random. Actually, twine is 90% certain American Crafts..


Here are the flower rub ons. its hard to see the blue blings, but those came with the rub on sheet, pre-stickied and everything! Very cool!


Here's my crazy title... I didn't have small black letters I liked to use with the red letters, and didn't have enough red letters to make the title (it was all the o's).... This is a good way to emphasize the important words in a long title so it doesn't seem so overpowering. You can also see my teeny weeny snowflake button. I love that button lol... I've been waiting for the right spot to put it for so long. Now I want more (again... mail for trade or $$)

Anywho... thats enough chatting today! Happy Wednesday!


1 comment:

Thanks for visiting and commenting!