Welcome to my blog!

The purpose of this blog is to explore my development of scrapbooking techniques. I will also provide reviews of products when I find something great or something terrible, and will show off all the work I enter in challenges and contests. Please check out my Welcome note if this is your first visit.

Feel free to ask questions about any of the materials or techniques shown here!

Please leave a comment and let me know what you think, or follow my blog so you can keep updated!

Happy Scrapping!




Thursday, November 17, 2011

The Color Room #84 - The Cog

The Color Room brings us fun palettes every week to base a project on. This week's is shown below. It is a whitewash palette, meaning you can add no neutrals to the palette - what you see is all you get.
 

They also provide a totally optional sketch to include with your palette:


I thought with the woody colors it would be perfect to set off more of the photos from the cog (see my entry for the Paper Variety Smile challenge to get the full story).


I couldn't find the exact colors I wanted so improvised with three browns to match (the third being the Walnut Stain ink).


Everything came from the stash - nothing special or new here. I did use my new Martha Stewart letter stamps for the title with the Walnut Stain distress ink.

Here's a hint: if you are having a hard time getting your Distress inks to stamp easily, there are a few things you need to do:
  1. Store your inks upside down. All your inks should be stored this way, but it is especially important for the distress inks to keep that pad moist for when you need it
  2. Spend a good amount of time charging your stamp with ink. I press and hold then wiggle rather than dabbing and I have pretty good results. Generally I count 10 wiggles (side to side, top to bottom) to fully charge the image

Thanks for looking and I hope that tip helps you all out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and commenting!