Welcome to my blog!

The purpose of this blog is to explore my development of scrapbooking techniques. I will also provide reviews of products when I find something great or something terrible, and will show off all the work I enter in challenges and contests. Please check out my Welcome note if this is your first visit.

Feel free to ask questions about any of the materials or techniques shown here!

Please leave a comment and let me know what you think, or follow my blog so you can keep updated!

Happy Scrapping!




Sunday, November 6, 2011

Moxie Fab World Tuesday Trigger: Beads & Baubles

Well, let me tell you, when I saw the Tuesday Trigger over at Moxie Fab World this week, I was instantly inspired... it was just so... Krissy.
Krissy is my younger sister and I chose to use this inspiration photo to make a layout of photos of her from my wedding...


I feel like this layout has all the same descriptor words I would use for my sister: a la mode, fashionable, trendy, fun, funky, bright, happy, unique... etc.  I really wanted to take both the mixed-media feel and the colors from the jewelry trigger to incorporate in the layout. I chose the green/teal and white background to mimic the photo, and tried to add as much gold, pearl, bling as possible to really get the feel of the bracelet, and I think I did it!

Now for more on the details:
Paper is Cosmo Cricket. Everything else is random-ness pulled out of the stash. I used paper flowers, ribbon flowers, buttons, charms, clear stickers, Jolee's glitter stickers, bling, glass pearls, and other random stickers to keep the mixed media feel going. The metal chain is real chain I picked up in the jewelry department at Wal-Mart.


The paper roses were made from a tutorial over at Scrap A Little. You have  to check out this website, she has 20 tutorials on handmade flowers!  I brushed them with some Star Dust Stickles after the glue dried to add to the sparkles on the page.


The large ribbon rose is made using a Gluber from Cosmo Cricket.... I totally suggest you check them out and google for some tutorials on all the fabulous flowers you can make with ribbon and trims found at your local fabric store. The other small ribbon roses I received in a 1 lb bag of buttons, which is where all the gold and pearl buttons came from too!

This page ended up really thick, so I will have to use foam strips to space out the binding on my book to keep other pages from getting crushed. If you can't find a tutorial on this, there is one over in the forum at Two Scrapbook Friends.

Finally, the title and all the little clear stickers are Creative Memories Nancy O'Dell Hummingbird collection. I really love this collection as it is so elegant and fun to use. I didn't like how huge the Y was, and didn't want to use a basic serif y that was avalable, so I tucked the bottom of the y down under the page. I decided only to use her name as the title and to forgo journalling as the page was already so busy.

So I hope you enjoyed and have a good feeling for my sister and her personality now :)

4 comments:

  1. wow, what a lot of work you have put into this page!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Tory! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristen Kendall-SmithNovember 30, 2011 at 9:30 PM

    I wish that was a real bracelet! i love this Tor <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting!