Welcome to my blog!

The purpose of this blog is to explore my development of scrapbooking techniques. I will also provide reviews of products when I find something great or something terrible, and will show off all the work I enter in challenges and contests. Please check out my Welcome note if this is your first visit.

Feel free to ask questions about any of the materials or techniques shown here!

Please leave a comment and let me know what you think, or follow my blog so you can keep updated!

Happy Scrapping!




Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Frosted Designs Fabulous Fridays - Die Cuts - Let's go Higher

So last Friday's challenge over at Frosted Designs was to use die cuts on a project. That's a tough one for me as I know zero dies, no die cutters and I don't really buy many die cuts at all (really only if they come in a pack with something else).

Luckily I had ordered a pile of Cricut - cut flowers from a girl locally so I had them handy and decided to get using them.

This is what I came up with:

These photos are from the Weekend to End Women's Cancers in Toronto, a 32 km walk I participated in September 10th. I was on Johnny Reid's team called the Pink Tartan Army - hence the photo of the back of my shirt. I ended up walking 20 km before I wimped out :)

Johnny Reid attended the opening ceremonies at 8 AM and sang Let's Go Higher. It is a great, inspirational song, and hence the title. We did meet him and talk to him a bit, but forgot to ask for a photo together! Oh well!!


I stacked a pile of different colored and shaped flowers across the bottom of the page in pinks and blues - the colors of the Weekend to End Women's Cancers.

Stay tuned for a layout of myself and my sister in our "Completion" jerseys we received at the end of the walk :) 

1 comment:

  1. oh, this came out adorable! So glad you had those Cricut flowers and that you joined us at Frosted Designs! Congratulations for completing 20km of the walk - that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting!