Welcome to my blog!

The purpose of this blog is to explore my development of scrapbooking techniques. I will also provide reviews of products when I find something great or something terrible, and will show off all the work I enter in challenges and contests. Please check out my Welcome note if this is your first visit.

Feel free to ask questions about any of the materials or techniques shown here!

Please leave a comment and let me know what you think, or follow my blog so you can keep updated!

Happy Scrapping!




Monday, November 21, 2011

2SF Online Crop - Christa's Challenge

I love the Burst of Color Online Crop over at Two Scrapbook Friends... color challenges are so fun, and the design team mixed it up a bit.

Christa didn't give us a specific color challenge - she instead required that we use a "rainbow" for on our layout - didn't have to be traditional but there had to be an array of colors. This was great as everyone did something different - some used non-traditional colored rainbows, some used stripes or swirls, others used dots. It was great overall.

I knew only one thing - I wanted to use embroidery floss as I had recently purchased a rainbow pack.

This is what I came up with:


For the circle embellie, I wrapped 9 different colors of floss around a black corrugated circle. I have had that corrugate forever - it is literally from the first scrapbooking pack I ever bought... and most of that pack is still untouched (clearly a bad choice!).

The rainbow paper is DCWV Photo Stack 2 (another ancient one). I really wanted this layout to feel rainbow-y to reflect all the colors of shave ice you get in Hawaii. We loved this stuff so much we had it probably 3 out of 7 days there.... and I would go back just for the Shave Ice.

I added a personal challenge to this challenge - use kraft. I have never used a whole piece of kraft. I have used kraft to mat a few photos once in my life and that is it. I hate it, I don't know what to do with it, and as my husband said "its just kinda boring, not like what you normally use".

But I like the contrast here - it helps ground all the crazy colors going on and add a bit of calm to the page (cuz it was crazy looking when I had it on the 12x12 of that rainbow paper).

I also think this will help it match the page next to it better... although I don't know what that page is yet lol!

Thanks for looking everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and commenting!